About Outdoor Leadrship Course :
Indian Christian Camping Association (ICCA) is delighted to launch a new series of outdoor leadership courses for the first time in India with the association of Martin Luther Christian University and partnering with Fresh Hope Venues – The Tops Conference Centre, Australia, Christian Camping International UK & South Africa.
The purpose of the course is to equip excellent Christian leaders to drive powerful mission work and build the leaders to reach the next generation for Christ through the unique model of outdoors and experiential learning approach.
We aim to nurture our students to become competent outdoor leaders possessing sound knowledge of Christian camping, theology and spiritual formation, a variety of outdoor and adventure activities, safety and risk management protocols. The Outdoor leadership courses are designed to provide a space for the students to be grounded in academic excellence, efficient in outdoor working skills, certified in life-saving, and mature in their spiritual identity.
We deliver unique blended settings both online and onsite learning with decades of experienced trainers in the field of outdoor and adventure education. Onsite practical training and internship program will allow students to get access and equip with real outdoor experiences.
Who can enroll:
Outdoor leadership courses are designed for existing outdoor practitioners, ministry professionals, youth leaders, children and youth workers, school teachers, life skill trainers, theological professionals and students.
The following courses are offered this fall season and classes start in October 2022.
Certificate in Outdoor Leadership Course
Duration: 6 Months | Credits:22 | Eligibility: STD 10+ and Age 18+
Diploma in Outdoor Leadership Course
Duration: 10 Months | Credits:32 | Eligibility: STD 12+ and Age 18+
Highlights of the courses:
- Online cum outdoor practical sessions
- Sessions will be taught by camping legends and professional trainers from across the globe
- First Aid and CPR certification by RLSS
- Courses certified by Martin Luther Christian University
- Child protection and risk management
- Course fees inclusive of Application fee, Tuition fee, University fee, learning resources and examination fees.
Outdoor recreation subjects (Electives):
- Rope courses (Low and High)
- Wall Climbing
- Wilderness Skills
- Urban Camping
* For the certificate in outdoor leadership students are required to choose any 3 electives
Outcomes of the courses:
- Career opportunities in the field of adventure-based outdoor programs and camp management
- Become an outdoor facilitator with technical skills
- Interpersonal skills, leadership skills, life skills, program planning & group management
- Preparing for next-level outdoor education
How to apply:
Step 1 – Submit your application form. (Click here for online application form)
Step 2 – Your application will be processed by the ICCA Academic Committee
Step 3 – You will receive an invitation to attend an admission interview
Step 4 – You will receive an admission confirmation email/call
Step 5 – You will be directed to pay your tuition fee
Step 6 – You will receive an email notification that includes all course information and the schedule